Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I have this song, I made it up sometime during my childhood, although I do not recall the year, or how old I was, it went like this…I love my cousins, even though they are mean to me sometimes. This very endearing song, whether or not you think so, was a remarkable one, and completely heartfelt, and has been the source of many wonderful outbursts and giggles. It had a tune, although I might have to practice again to get the correct rhythm. if only there were away I could impart these lovely things to my children. Things like grannychicksprinkle, and the wonders of pillow people, I always wanted one, what was her name, window rattler, and how wonderful the hug of a dirty doll was. The lawn at 8842 holds secrets too of stripped ferns, and battered snails the infamous trap door, and of course the special area in which we polished magnolia leaves with our bike tires. What did we call the red things, they were something special only came at a certain time of year. We had curbs that were perfect for coasting, we had a secret garden which was a mini and less magical version of the one housed at atlantis park. Only it burned down in fourth grade, as I was forced to watch the hidden oasis from the blacktop. The term skate gracefully will be forever engrained in the mind as something completely embarrassing and only a select few will ever be honored to full understand the phrase. Thinking about it, enough said. Creating the most delicious mozzarella, regardless of how grainy the dirt or the ratio of water to dirt, which of course created the mozzarella, and we were never deterred by the fact that we did not know what mozzarella was. Having and believing in the bionic three was a power we could create with our id bracelets…and the more grand hidden passageways at dodger stadium followed by phillipes. The stockings always became itchy on the ride home…

No comments: